Don Schuck is a member of the firm’s Family Law, Private Client, and Litigation Groups.
Don represents a wide range of clients involved in finance, law, medicine, media, the arts, and sports. Trained as a litigator, he has extensive experience litigating complex financial issues and the most sensitive child custody, reproductive rights, and support issues through trial and appeal.
Since 2020, Don has successfully represented clients in family law matters involving:
- Valuation and distribution of interests in hedge funds and other business interests, martial residences, art and jewelry collections, and the like;
- Modification of maintenance and child support resulting from changes in employment and custody;
- Resolution of orders of protection and related custody and parental access proceedings;
- Pandemic-related child relocation proceedings;
- Prenuptial and cohabitation agreements preserving undistributed assets acquired during the marriage; and
- Disposition of embryos resulting from the breakup of relationships.
Don is a member of the International Academy of Family Lawyers, where he sits on the U.S. Chapter Board of Managers, the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the New York State Bar Association’s Family Law section, and the Dutch Association of Family Lawyers and Divorce Mediators. He has been named a top family law attorney by Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers every year since 2007.
Don is a graduate of Fordham Law School, where he was a member of the Law Review. Prior to devoting his practice to family law, he practiced securities law and white-collar criminal litigation at several major New York City firms.
Don is a long-time resident of Tribeca, where he and his wife have raised two sons.